Ya se registra una solicitud en proceso, por lo que debes esperar a que sea analizado y respondido para poder ingresar una nueva solicitud


Disculpa las molestias. Estamos mejorando nuestro portal para entregarte una mejor atención. Mientras estamos en mantención, puedes hacer tus consultas a través del SIAC.

Fine Calculation FAQ

1. Where can I pay a fine from the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones?
You can pay the fine through 
tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl by selecting the option “Cálculo de Multa”.
You will be able to choose the payment method that suits you best in Chilean Pesos *.
You can also pay with Paypal by choosing the payment option "Tesorería General", and then PayPal.

2. Can I pay a fine with a Vale Vista?
In order to improve and optimize time, we no longer have the option of a Vale Vista. The payment can only be made online, given that it is more convenient and faster to use. You can log in from anywhere and anytime you want, either from your phone or computer.

3. Are children and adolescents subject to sanctions?

Children and adolescents are not subject to immigration sanctions provided for by law, in accordance with Article 4 of Law No. 21.325 of Migración y Extranjería. Children and adolescents are understood as those who at the time of the infraction or reason that gives rise to the sanction have not reached 18 years of age.

4. If my immigration status is no longer valid, and I have also worked with no authorization, how should I calculate my fine if there is only one option to choose from?
In this case, you must submit more than one fine to pay for both infractions.
It should be noted that if this is not the first time an infraction of the same type has been committed, 
you will be fined for a repeated offense.

5. How long does it take to pay a fine?

The foreigner must pay the fine within 10 working days, counted from the notification of the resolution issued.

6. Will I be able to apply for a reduction of my fine?

Fines calculated through the platform are understood to be self-reported (autodenuncia) and, therefore, are reduced by 50% (fifty percent) of the total amount of the fine. It is not possible to apply for a further reduction.

7. Once the fine has been processed, do I receive any proof of it?

Yes. Upon requesting the fine, you will receive a copy of the Resolución Exenta (Exempt Resolution) of the corresponding fine and proof of payment from the Tesorería General de la República. 

8. For what reasons should I be fined?

You must be fined through the platform for the following reasons: (See Tutorial)

 Delay in applying for identity card (106).

-Foreigners who have obtained their residence permit and do not schedule an appointment at the Registro Civil e Identificación to get their identity card within 30 days from the effective date of the respective permit. Residence permits obtained abroad will be valid from the date of entry into the country.


Expiration of immigration permits (Article 107/119).

-Residents or Permanencia Transitoria holders who remain in the country, despite the expiration of their permit.


-If their residence or Permanencia Transitoria permit expired less than 180 calendar days ago, they shall be fined by article 107. 


-Article 119 must be fined if their residence or Permanencia Transitoria expired more than 180 calendar days ago. 


Work without being qualified or authorized to do so (Article 109).

 When the person engages in remunerated activities without authorization.


9. What is the "multa con descargos"?

It is the possibility to expose all the circumstances of fact and law that you consider pertinent in defense of your interests relating to the infraction that has been notified to you at the beginning of this financial penalty procedure (fine).


10. How should the "multa con descargos" be done?

 It is done by going to tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl with your ClaveÚnica or by creating an account at the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones website. Once you are calculating your fine, you will be asked if you wish to proceed with "multa con descargos". (See Tutorial)


11. What documentation should I bring with me to proceed with my "multa con descargos"?

You should also include the following documents with your request:

Finiquito de trabajo (Work termination), Certificado de cotizaciones AFP (Certificate of contributions from your AFP that certifies the time you have been working), social report issued by a municipality or person in charge, medical report and/or medical epicrisis, others.


12. How will the result of the "multa con descargos" be notified?

 The Servicio Nacional de Migraciones will evaluate your background information and the supporting documentation. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified by email.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article