Ya se registra una solicitud en proceso, por lo que debes esperar a que sea analizado y respondido para poder ingresar una nueva solicitud


Disculpa las molestias. Estamos mejorando nuestro portal para entregarte una mejor atención. Mientras estamos en mantención, puedes hacer tus consultas a través del SIAC.

Step-by-step to apply for the Ratification of Residencia Temporal granted

This procedure is for those who were granted a Residencia Temporal permit within Chile and have not materialized the benefit during the 6 months after it was granted and wish to reactivate the process.

To see the requirements click here


Go to tramites.serviciomigraciones.cl then select "Ratificación de Residencia Temporal Otorgada" (Ratification of Residencia Temporal permit granted).

Remember, if you do not have a Claveúnica you can create an account from the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones. 

Check the following article on how to create an account from the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones.


Then you must provide your personal information and attach a copy of your passport.


Complete the form with your contact information. It is very important that you enter an email address that you use regularly, as you will be notified via email. Then click on "Siguiente".


Select the type of benefit you wish to ratify:

Rechaza Residencia Definitiva y otorga Residencia temporal y/o Residencia Temporal (Reject Residencia Definitiva and/or grant Residencia Temporal). Then click on "Siguiente".


In this step you must upload your valid Criminal Record Certificate of Origin (This must be duly legalized or apostilled and must be verifiable electronically).

Then attach an explanatory letter stating the reasons why you did not materialize the benefit granted. Additionally, you can write down these reasons in the same procedure, since a box will be displayed. You must also certify your economic activity or economic support in the country.


Then you must certify if there is a family bond.
If you are related to a Chilean citizen or Permanent Resident, you must complete the form with all the requested information and attach the documentation corresponding to the relationship, whether it is a birth certificate, marriage certificate, certificate of civil union agreement, as applicable.

Provide the personal information of the family bond.


You will later be asked if you are studying in Chile. If the answer is no, you must not select the option and click on “Siguiente”. Otherwise, select "Si" and enter the requested information of the educational establishment and documents certifying that you are studying in Chile.


Then confirm that the information entered is correct and click on “Siguiente”.


You will finally receive an email confirming receipt of your application.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article