Permit for former Residencia Definitiva holders
This permit is for foreigners who have been holders of Residencia Definitiva or Permanencia Definitiva.
Who is it addressed to?
To foreigners who have held Residencia Definitiva, or Permanencia Definitiva in the case of those obtained under Decree Law No. 1.094, 1975, of the Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública, and whose status has been tacitly revoked under the terms of Article 83 of Law No. 21.325, or Article 43 of Decree Law No. 1.094, 1975.
What do I need to apply?

This residence permit must be requested from abroad. 

You must go to the following link to get information on the requirements

How much does it cost?

The cost will depend on the nationality of the applicant.

For more information click here

How long is it for?

The temporary residence permit will be valid for a period of up to two years.

The period of the permit will be counted from the moment the foreigner enters the country.

How and where do I apply?
The procedure must be completed outside national territory through by logging in with your account. (If you have not yet registered, check the following article: ¿Cómo crear una cuenta en el Servicio Nacional de Migraciones? Then you must select “Solicitud de Residencia Temporal para Extranjeros fuera de Chile” Complete the form and attach the requested information.
Legal Framework
Law No. 21.325, on Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree No. 296, Decree No. 177, which establishes the Immigration Subcategories of Residencia Temporal.