Permit for Seasonal Workers
It is a Residencia Temporal permit granted by the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones to foreigners who enter the country with the purpose of engaging in specific seasonal jobs for limited, one-time or inter-annual periods.
Whom is it addressed to?
This permit will be granted to foreigners who meet the requirements to engage in specific seasonal work for limited, one-time or interannual periods.
What do I need to apply?

This residence permit must be requested from abroad. 

To obtain the details of the requirements, please click on the following link:

How much does it cost?

The cost will depend on the nationality of the applicant.

For more information, click here

How long is it for?

The permit cannot be extended for more than six months in each calendar year. Those who wish to extend the permit must prove that they continue to engage in lawful remunerated activities.

The permit will be effective from the moment the foreigner enters the country.

How and where do I apply?

The procedure can be done through by logging in with your account. If you have not registered yet, check the following article: ¿Cómo crear una cuenta en el Servicio Nacional de Migraciones?

Then you must select “Solicitud de Residencia Temporal para Extranjeros fuera de Chile”. (Application for Residencia Temporal for Foreigners outside of Chile". 

Complete the form and upload the requested information.

Legal Framework

Law N° 21.325, on Migración y Extranjería. Regulations Decree

N° 296, Decree N° 177, which establishes the Immigration Subcategories of Residencia Temporal.