1. What is the Estampado Electrónico?
The Estampado Electrónico is a downloadable document that certifies that a residence permit has been granted and how long it will last. It has a QR code verification system.
2. How long does the Estampado Electrónico last?
The Estampado Electrónico will be effective from the moment the document is downloaded.
3. Who can apply for the Estampado Electrónico?
All those foreigners who have been granted a Residencia Temporal permit.
4. Can children and adolescents get the Estampado Electrónico?
You do not need to be of legal age to obtain the Estampado Electrónico. If you are a dependent, the permit holder must first download the Estampado Electrónico.
5. If I am a dependent, can I download my Estampado Electrónico?
If you are a dependent, the permit holder must download it first.
6. Where can I request the Estampado Electrónico and what do I need to do it?
To download your Estampado Electrónico, you must go to tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl and select "Estampado Electrónico". Then you can start the application in two ways:
Logging in with the information of the resolution granted by email or
Logging with your identity documents.
The residence permit fees must be paid in order to download your Estampado Electrónico.
7. Do I have to register my Estampado Electrónico with PDI once I have downloaded the benefit?
With the entry into force of the new Ley de Migración y Extranjería N°21.325, it is no longer a requirement to register with PDI. According to Art. 43 of the Immigration and Foreigners Law, you must apply for an identity card at the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación, within thirty days from the date of entry into force of the respective residence permit.
8. How long do I have to apply for my Chilean Identity Card at the Registro Civil e Identificación?
From the moment you download your Estampado Electrónico, you have 30 working days to request an appointment to obtain your identity card. You must make an appointment to obtain or renew your identity card as a foreigner at www.registrocivil.cl.
9. What happens if my Estampado Electrónico is available and I find an error in it?
If at the moment of verifying your information an error is found, you can request its rectification through tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl and select “Rectificación de Estampado Electrónico”, where you will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions.
10. How long should it take for my Estampado Electrónico to be enabled for downloading?
From the activation of the Estampado Electrónico , that is, from the moment you pay the fees, it will be available in about 10 working days.
11. I lost my Estampado Electrónico, can I download it again?
Yes. You can download it from the platform as many times as you want, as long as it is still valid.