The children of a Chilean father or mother born abroad must prove that one of their parents or grandparents has obtained Chilean nationality:

1.-  by birth in Chilean territory

2.-  by Carta de Nacionalización or

3.-  by special grace.

The birth registration of the children of Chilean citizens born abroad may be made before the respective Chilean Consulate if they are out of the country or at the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación if they are currently in Chile.