Permit for persons under International Agreements

This permit allows foreigners who are covered by international agreements that have been ratified and remain in force in Chile.

Who is it aimed to?

National or resident foreigners who become a party to international agreements signed by Chile and that remain in force.

What do I need to apply?

This residence permit must be requested from abroad. 

You must go to the following link to get information on the requirements:

How much does it cost?

The cost will depend on the nationality of the applicant.

For more information click here.

How long is it for?

The temporary residence permit is valid for up to two years.

The permit will be effective from the moment the foreigner enters the country.

How and where do I apply?

The procedure must be done outside of national territory through by logging in with your account from the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones.

Then you must select  “Solicitud de Residencia Temporal para Extranjeros fuera de Chile”.  

Must complete the application form and upload the requested information.

Legal Framework
Law N° 21.325, on Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree No. 296, Decree No. 177, which establishes the Immigration Subcategories of Residencia Temporal