Permit for retired foreigners and rentiers
This permit is for foreigners who have retired in their country of residence and also for those foreigners who have a steady income.
Who is it addressed to?
To foreigners who in accordance with the regulations of their country of residence have obtained a retirement pension, and that it allows them to satisfy at least their basic needs during their stay in the country, based on the indicators estimated by the Ministerio de Desarrollo Social y Familia. In addition, this permit is intended to those foreigners who earn a consistent income from the exploitation of real estate or financial assets.
What do I need to apply?

This residence permit must be requested from abroad. 

You must go to the following link to get information on the requirements

How much does it cost?

The cost will depend on the nationality of the applicant.

For more information click here.

How long is it for?

This temporary residence permit is valid for two years.

The period of the permit will be counted from the moment the foreigner enters the country.

How and where do I apply?
The procedure must be completed outside the national territory through by logging in with your account. (If you have not yet registered, check the following article: ¿Cómo crear una cuenta en el Servicio Nacional de Migraciones? Then you must select  “Solicitud de Residencia Temporal para Extranjeros fuera de Chile”  Complete the form and attach the requested information.
Legal Framework
Law No. 21.325, on Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree No. 296, Decree No. 33, which establishes the Immigration Subcategories of Residencia Temporal.