With the entry into force of the Residencia Temporal subcategories, the extension of a residence permit must be requested with no more than ninety days prior to the expiration of the current residence permit.  The extension of a Residencia Temporal permit will go according to the current subcategories. The procedure can be completed through tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl by selecting “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros dentro de Chile”.

IMPORTANT: If you have two years of visa Sujeta a Contrato, you have the option to apply for Residencia Definitiva, as long as you meet the requirements. 

Check the requirements in Residencia Definitiva.