There is no longer a Permanencia Definitiva Certificate under the new regulations.

To obtain your identity card, bring the following documents to the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación: a copy of the Exempt Resolution granting the Residencia Definitiva permit, as well as the notification received via email or registered letter. This information also applies to minors. 

To schedule an appointment, visit