Permanencia Transitoria Visa (It includes former Visto de Turismo)
It is the prior authorization or visa granted by the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, through its consular representations. Without it, the entry and permanencia transitoria in Chile is not allowed to nationals of countries determined by the State. The list of countries whose nationals are subject to this requirement can be found at the following LINK
Who is it addressed to?

To those foreigners who do not intend to reside in Chile and whose stay does not exceed 90 days.

*It does not allow to engage in remunerated activities, except in exceptional cases authorized by the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones  (SERMIG).

What do I need to apply?


  • SAC application form, indicating the reason for the trip.
  • Photo.
  • Passport.
  • Economic supporting documents.
  • Hotel/accommodation reservation.
  • Proof of the applicant's place of residence (in case the application is submitted at a consulate of a country other than that of the applicant's nationality).
  • Should have no prohibitions to enter Chile.

*Foreigners under 18 years of age must enter the country with their mother, father, guardian or person in charge of their personal care. Otherwise, they must have a written authorization from one of them, from the court or from the competent authority, as needed. Such authorization must be legalized by the Chilean consular authority in the country of origin or with the corresponding apostille certificate or document recognized as valid by the Chilean Border Controlling Authorities by virtue of the international agreements signed by Chile and that remain in force.

*Reason for the trip: document that indicates that the visa has been issued and that provides the reason for the trip indicated by the foreigner at the time of the visa application.

How much is it?
To check the table of fees for visas and tourist visas granted to foreigners, go to the following LINK
How long is it for?
It is for a maximum period of 90 days.
How and where do I apply?
Go to the site Sistema de Atención Consular Ciudadanos and complete the application form with the required information.  The Consulate of Chile corresponding to your place of residence will contact you to schedule an appointment where you must present the requested documents.
Legal Framework
Law N° 21.325 of Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree N° 296.