Certificate that allows certifying whether or not the person obtained the "Carta de Nacionalización" in the country.

Who is it addressed to?To foreigners or Chilean citizens, residents or not in Chile.
What do I need to apply?

General Documents:

  • Completely filled out application form with the requested information
  • Identity Card of the applicant on both sides.
  • Any updated document that certifies your status as a Chilean citizen.

Specific documents:

Must present one of the following documents:

  • Residencia Definitiva Certificate
  • Identity Card for foreigners
  • Identification sheet of a valid passport

*In case the certificate holder is deceased, the following documents must be submitted:

Full photocopy of the death certificate stating the nationality of the person being consulted. This document is issued by the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación (it is not the death certificate).

How much does it cost?There is no cost.
How long is it?This certificate is valid for 90 days. If the person you are consulting about is deceased, it is valid indefinitely.
How and where do I apply?The procedure can be done through selecting "Trámites de Nacionalización". Then you must click on the option "Certificado de No Nacionalización".
Legal FrameworkLaw N° 21.325 de Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree N° 296.