Permits contemplated in Chile´s international treaties that remain in force
This permit authorizes foreigners who are nationals of countries that continue to have international agreements with Chile, and that also grant mutual authorization to their nationals or residents to enter the corresponding territory for recreational, sport, health, study, business, family or other similar purposes.
Who is it addressed to?

To foreigners who are nationals or residents of those countries that continue to have international agreements as mentioned above.

This permit also applies to foreign employees or experts sent by an international organization. Due to a valid international agreement, the State of Chile must allow their entry into national territory to complete specific tasks. In this case, the permit will be issued upon the terms and conditions of the corresponding agreement. 

What do I need to apply?
The terms and conditions of these permits will be those that have been specifically stated in the international agreements that have given rise to them. All matters that are not regulated by such agreements, General rules of Law N° 21.325, de Migración y Extranjería will apply.
How much is it?
There is no cost.
How long is it for?

90 calendar days.

*La Subsecretaría del Interior, for reasons of public order, may limit this period to a shorter one.

How and where do I apply?
The permit will be issued by the Border Controlling Authority at the time of entry.
Legal Framework
Law N° 21.325 of Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree N° 296, Decree N° 23, which states the immigration subcategories of Permanencia Transitoria.