Permit for recreational purposes, sports, health, study, business, family or other similar purposes.

This permit is issued to foreigners who enter the country and have no intentions to stay.

Who is it addressed to?

Foreigners entering the country for recreational, sports, health, study, business, family or other similar purposes. Among the last mentioned, may be considered the members and personnel of public spectacles, sportsmen, lecturers, advisers and technical experts.

What do I need to apply?

Those who have a Permanencia Transitoria permit to enter and stay in Chile will need no prior authorization or visa to do so. However, a prior authorization or visa issued by a Chilean Consulate abroad may be required for nationals of certain countries.

Foreigners from countries that require prior authorization must submit a request through the portal of the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, SAC Citizens.

Must also have a minimum amount of $46 USD per day to show lawful means of subsistence in national territory (according to Exempt Resolution 3.464 in accordance with the provisions of Article 47 of Ley 21.325 de Extranjería y Migración).

How much is it?
There is no cost.
How long is it for?

90 calendar days. This permit may be extended for 90 more days. The Subsecretaria del Interior, for reasons of public order, may reduce this period to a shorter one.

How and where do I apply?  

The permit will be issued by the Border Controlling Authority at the time of entry by the International Police (PDI).

Legal Framework
Law N° 21.325 of Migración y Extranjería. Regulation Decree N° 296, Decree 23, which states the immigration subcategories of the Permanencia Transitoria.